- Lagom is about having and doing just enough. It is about not having extremes in anything but always using moderation.
- It means you don’t have too much stuff. It means you do not do too much work.
- It includes sustainability in life and with things.
- Don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed by anything
- Learn how to be alone and have peace with yourself.
- Get a capsule wardrobe which means you have a small number of clothes and that most everything goes with everything else. Clear out things you don’t wear or that are worn out.
- Listen to people and respond with a slow and even tone. Allow yourself to have relaxed conversations.
- Be kind to yourself and to the people around you.
- Ask yourself what level of things, money, and activity would provide you the life to experience lagom.
- It is a philosophy that the greeks had in the “Golden Mean.” It is also a part of the Bible. You can see instances in the stories in both cultures.
- Find practical and systematic ways to move towards lagom.
Try to simplify an area of your life that is overly complex. Is getting ready in the morning a hardship? Can you streamline your wardrobe to make it easier? Can you find easier foods to prepare?