- Skip the Line: The 10,000 Experiments Rule and Other Surprising Advice for Reaching Your Goals
- Improve Everyday – The first rule to “skip the link” is to improve by 1% every day. This way, you can work towards your goals.
- Create Small Experiments – Set up tiny experiments to see if you can succeed and move forward. Even if it doesn’t work, you learn something new and do things better next time.
- Make It Easy – Your experiment should be easy to do and see results.
- Small Downside – Make sure your experiment has a slight downside, so if it doesn’t go well, there is no significant loss.
- Ensure You Benefit – Make sure that it has substantial benefits if you succeed in the experiment. If it goes correctly
- Do Something Unique – Do something unique or a take on something you are great at or something that makes it special.
- You Must Learn Something – whether you succeed or not, make sure you learn something from your experience.
- Be A Kid Again – Kids love to play and try things, so be more like people
- Be a Scientist of Your Own Life – Treat your life as a playground of experiments, and you are the scientist. Plan your studies!
- Be Obsessed – Figure out what you are obsessed with. It will give you the energy to start and then power through the tough times.
- Reading – This will turn you into a super learner, and it will allow you to stand on the experience of others. Leap ahead!
- Find Mentors – Find mentors who can help you. They can be local mentors or virtual mentors who don’t even know they are your mentor. What would they do if they were in your spot?
- Find Your Obsession – Think about what you take pictures of. What do you do when you have free time? What did you do when you were a kid and just enjoyed things?
- Hit Publish! – When you are ready, go for it! Hit PUBLISH! Do whatever activity puts your experiment out there. Don’t let fear hold you back! Just do it!
- Think of the Possibilities – Practice thinking up new ideas. Come up with 10 ideas every day! Are they the 10 books you will write? Is it the 10 places you want to visit next year? What are the 10 food items you want to learn to cook! Anything. The idea is you get really good at thinking about new ideas and thinking outside the box.
- Don’t Be Afraid of the Wobble – When the Wright brothers were on the verge of success with their plane experiment, it wobbled a bit before it was ready to fly. However, the wobble told them this was about to work. That is not the time to become afraid, but instead, be excited that you are about to see your goals and dreams come true.
- Try to think up one small experiment you can do in your life that would make your life progress better, something on a small scale that you could just try out and see how it goes.